September 2010: SalmonAid hosts Salmon Month at San Francisco's Aquarium of the Bay
Join SalmonAID and its member organizations at San Francisco's Aquarium of the Bay during September. You'll find information and exhibits every day, as well as these special events:
- September 1 - Go Wild Gala, featuring an elegant evening of salmon cuisine, beer/wine and conversation in the Aquarium
- September 10 - Meet Your Fishermen, a book reading and discussion with sustainable seafood providers
- September 11 & 12 - Films from the Wild & Scenic Environmental Film Festival
- September 15 - Salmon Cinema & Storytelling Circle, featuring movies and live storytelling plus a cocktail reception (ticketed event)
- September 18 & 19 - Kids Weekend with games, activities, and stories
- September 26 - The third annual outdoor SalmonAID Music Festival, FREE and open to the public
Aquarium of the Bay is located in San Francisco, at the intersection of Beach St. and The Embarcadero.
SalmonAID and Aquarium of the Bay support the use of public transportation!!! Present a current, valid Bay Area public transportation pass or transfer and receive $2 off adult admission, and $1 off child/senior admission (cannot be combined with any other offer).
From the North Bay: Golden Gate Transit, call (415) 455-2000; Blue & Gold Fleet ferry service from Tiburon and Sausalito, call (415) 773-1188.
From the South Bay: Caltrain or SamTrans, call (800) 660-4287.
From the East Bay: Blue & Gold Fleet ferry service from Oakland/Alameda, call (510) 522-3300 or Vallejo, call (707) 64-FERRY; BART call (510) 465-2278; AC Transit, call (510) 817-1717 or AMTRAK, call (800) USA-RAIL.
Public parking facilities are available across from the main entrance at the PIER 39 garage. The garage is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please note that Aquarium of the Bay does not validate parking, but many PIER 39 restaurants do.